Winecrush Pinot Paella
(plant-based / gluten-free)
1 peeled large garlic bulb
6 scoops Winecrush Powder
1 tbsp. / 15 g fennel
1 tbsp. / 15 g turmeric or ¼ g saffron
1 tsp / 6 g salt
1 large onion
3 litres (vegetable) broth or water
5 tbsp. olive or other vegetable oil
1 red or green pepper
1 lemon cut into wedges
(Omnivore option: 1 kg chorizo or shrimp)
- Preheat oven or barbeque to 350F/175C. Put 12 inch skillet in to heat
- Mix Winecrush powder, fennel, turmeric or saffron, salt, and broth salt in a blender until fine.
- Chop onion into ½ inch / 1.25 cm pieces
- Chop pepper into ½ inch / 1.25 cm pieces after removing seeds
- Add oil, chopped onions and ½ peppers to skillet. Stir until onion is sweated.
- Add rice and stir until rice starts to brown
Add 1 litre seasoned broth, stir until broth is absorbed. Add additional litre and let sit until absorbed. Add final litre and cover with tinfoil.
(Add omnivore option at this point.)
- Turn down to 250F / 120C, and simmer (20 – 30 minutes) until rice is cooked.
- Sprinkle rest of chopped peppers over top and then mix into rice by piling mixture into center of skillet. Rest for 20 minutes. Top with Winecrush Malbec and Herb Sea Salt, place lemon wedges on top, and serve.