Merlot Hash Brown Potatoes
Merlot Hash Browns
(plant-based / gluten-free)
Ingredients2lb / 1kg unpeeled potatoes
1 large onion
1 red or green pepper
3 15 gram scoops / 3 tbsp. Winecrush Powder
1 tsp / 6 g cumin
1 tsp / 6 g fennel
1 tsp / 2 g coriander
1 tsp / 6 g salt
3 tbsp. grape or other vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Put large baking pan in oven to heat
- Chop potatoes into ½ / 1.25 cm inch cubes.
(Use a french-fry cutter, if available and then cut).
- Chop onion into ½ inch / 1.25 cm pieces
- Chop pepper into ½ inch / 1.25 cm pieces after removing seeds
- Grind Winecrush Powder, cumin, fennel, coriander, and salt in
a blender, or spice grinder, until coarse.
- Mix potatoes, onion, vegetable oil and mixed spices together in
a large bowl (or large freezer bag).
- Remove heated baking pan from oven and spread mix evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Mix in chopper peppers. (omnivore option – add cooked bacon or smoked meat)
- Plate, top with Winecrush Malbec & Sea Salt and serve. Garnish with fresh herbs